Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Powell's City of Books

Last week my fiancée and I went to Portland to visit friends and family and while we were there he took me to Powell's bookstore. Not only that...he let me spend two whole hours there. :) I could have spent much much longer but there were other things to see and do. We've decided though that we should go there every time we visit Portland. It's probably one of my favorite places.

While perusing the shelves for books to take home Britton ran across this one:
Which he immediately fell in love with and HAD to buy. It's a really cute and funny book! However if you have a particular fondness for fairies you may not like Tollins as they are rather careless of them. We read the first story together and then he read the other two over the phone to me. They are really funny. :)

And then I found the beautiful clothbound Penguin Classic Cranford which was used so it was much cheaper but it still looks like brand new:



Can you tell I'm in love with it? :)

And Britton also bought Brisinger, so we now have the whole Eragon set until the fourth book comes out. I need to finish this series!
Going to Powell's can be overwhelming and you suddenly seem to forget what books you've been looking for so we've decided next time we're taking a list. In the meantime...I'm going to get some reading done. ;)
~Elizabeth~

3 comments:

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

This must be an amazing place! Wish I lived closer so I could visit it in person.

SisterlyLove said...

Someday I will go there. :)

Jane

Dentelline said...

Hi Anna,
La bibliothèque semble géniale!
A real paradise for reading!
Ton blog est sympa!
J'aime beaucoup Jane Austen et son univers!
Bises,
Dentelline