Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New Old Books

I did it again. I went to a used bookstore. I caved. I bought books. Oh well, they are fabulous! See for yourself....



Aunt Jo's Scrap Bag by Louisa May Alcott
I couldn't believe it when I found this. I've never ever seen this in a book store. In fact I wasn't even aware that it existed. What kind of Alcott fan am I?? The funny thing is, Lizzie found the exact same book at another store just a few days after I found this copy!


Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
I've been wanting to read this book so I was glad when I found it. Can anyone tell me if this is an abridged copy? It's a World's Classic edition. And it says it's edited by so and so (name escapes me). Does that mean it's abridged? Help! If I'm going to read a Dickens I don't want to read a stupid abridged copy. It was only a few dollars so I picked it up anyway.


The World of Jeeves by P. G. Wodehouse
I'm reading this right now. It's hilarious! If you ever find a P.G. Wodehouse book at a used book store...BUY IT!!!

Under the Lilacs by Louisa May Alcott
Another Alcott book to add to my collection! Isn't this a beautiful copy?

Not pictured: Anne's House of Dreams by L. M. Montgomery to add to my collection and a beat up copy of Martin Chuzzelwit by Charles Dickens.

Where am I going to put all of these books you ask? Ta-da!

My brother-in-law made me this awesome bookshelf! Each part is separate so that you can arrange it anyway you want. Sim designed it and built it himself. I love it so much and can't wait to fill it up with all my new old books.

I also got a lovely book from Lizzie!!! I need to take a picture of it so that I can show you.

Have you guys gotten new books lately?
♥ Jane

5 comments:

Anna Kristine said...

Oooh! Your books are so lovely! I should take some pictures of all the books I've bought one of these days...I'm so bad at it though you know. ;) It's so funny we found that same book though!
Oh...and I LOVE your bookcase! Sim's a genius! (but done't tell him I said so...it might go to his head) ;)
Love you!
Lizzie

Anna Kristine said...

By the way...that Little Dorrit is so cool. :) I need to read that one of these days...when I unpack my books. ;)

SisterlyLove said...

Thank you! :) You SHOULD post about them!:)Saw your Wizard of Oz book for sale in your shop! It's so pretty!

Isn't it cool though? :) I like it.

Love you!
Jane

Charity U said...

Just a quick comment to say several things. (-:
1. I've never read Little Dorrit (but will if I ever find it anywhere) but I saw a trailer for the movie the other day that looked good.
2. The Anne of GG series is one of my favorite series. (-:
3.Under the Lilacs...was it good? I've heard of it, but never read it.
4. Forget what I said about a quick comment, I keep thinking of more I have to say. (-;
5. Jeeves...I read one book and found it hilarious. (-:
And finally 6. (how did this get so long?) I agree with all Jane's authors except Jane Kirkpatrick...I've never read anything by her. What did she write?

SisterlyLove said...

Why Thanks Charity! I love those kinds of comments!:)I agree with all of your favorites too! Under the Lilacs is a very sweet story! Yes, read more P.G. Wodehouse definitely! :) They are always worthwhile.

Jane Kirkpatrick is AWESOME! My favorite series of hers is called the "Tender Ties Trilogy". Lovely.

Anne of Green Gables... I want to read them again ALREADY!
♥Jane